Society meeting held on 2021-08-24¶
- Dan trickey
- Dan Hobson
- Mihai Stefan Merlas (Treasurer)
- Tommy Poll (President)
- Societies fair is on the wednesday and thursday of the last week of september.
- Thurday 2nd of october, volunteering day that we should attend.
- We should also attend the ECS bunfight.
we get more space
Absolute main priority is to get more society members
- From the week before freshers we need to advertise on facebook
- Do this daily
- Make Facebook posts about SP2019 and SP2021
- Use Facebook advertising feature
- Refreshed website for freshers and recruitment
- Promote recruitment video
- Multiple freshers talks
- Planned 12 weeks of events
- Talks activity afternoons, etc
- "fun" days
- Order polo shirts for the society
- Order from Carolines
- Must have SRO branding
- Microbots and rub-bots can be used
- Construction day for making more rub-bots
- We could potentially set-up a flagpole (that has an SRO branded flag) which is controllable using a joystick.
Python training course
- Use code academy.
- Introduce the freshers to sbot.
- Use mail chimp.
Use it for freshers events
- Focus on two events.
- Volunteer competition or a scouts talk.
- Ask Son, Reena, Joyce for support.
- Tommy has yet to transfer the bank account, but we may need to hold an AGM before the bank account is transfered.
The approximate balance of the bank accoutn is £2000
- Sourcebots is the event, not the society.
- Produce 3 different kinds of leaflets
- 3 different aspects of the society can be advertised using these leaflets.
- Must have the complete list of events (and dates) at the back of these leaflets.
- We can target some of the advertising to former Smallpiece/SR competitors/volunteers.
Roller banner needs to be redone.
- Makes sure it has SRO branding
For the freshers week we need to sort out the cup-board.
Dan could run for secretary to satisfy SUSU requirements.
Tommy tried to access the society post box but it was closed.
- Talk to jenny about transferring the bank account.
- Hold an AGM.
- Decide dates for events.
- Start a design for the leaflets and roller poster.
- Start a design for the polo shirts.
- Another planning meeting next week for freshers.
- Plan out the social media campaign.
- Create a marketing video.
- Use SRO/tasks from now on (unless if it is sourcebots related).