Skip to content

SRO Meeting agenda 2018-11-19


  • Event for Winchester Girl Guides

    • Past SB and SR team leader
    • She wants us to do a Lego mindstorms activity with her Girl Guides
    • 22nd November
    • We need to decide on an activity and preparations
    • Line following for older kids
    • Build up to this, if not possible then not an issue
    • She asked us how it's coming along during SR kickstart on Saturday, so we should send her a quick update message if we haven't done so
  • People who are signed up - Dan, Kajetan, Henry, GojeDan, Jenny, (Nathan?)

  • Shirts?

    • Money required, however we are REALLY short on money at the moment.
    • Design also Required
      • Nathan's responsibility
      • Competition?


  • Purchase of a domain name
    • Contains all of MB and SB and links to other websites
    • Potential Domains:
  • We now need to sort out colours ACTION POINT for Nathan
  • Booking a meeting room
    • Consistently having issues with our rooms of choice being free
    • Book a room for every Monday such that we have guaranteed space
      • ACTION POINT: Dan to book a room each week

Smallpiece 2019

  • Cube booked
  • Awaiting ECS bugetery aproval and information

  • Dan and Tyler met Reena this morning about budget

    • Reena will try to get us more money
    • UKSF Scholarship Intern
    • New Academic assigned to us! Same person who ran the aero course this year


  • G Suite
    • Activities best person to contact
    • No email back from activities
    • Find new person to take over this


  • Can fund some micro:bit robots
    • We need to choose some and go talk to her
  • Joyce was also interested in finding some money for the camera board development, so we should price up the development boards
  • if we can get CM money from Joyce, then maybe see what else from the Smallpiece budget can be added to it since smallpiece budget is looking a bit low atm

New Projects

Smallpiece 2018 cleanup

Bank Stuff

  • Robogals money to get transferred to new empty SRO account
  • Ordering kit from SUSU grant applications


  • Inventory Mk2
  • New demo/dev bots
  • Camera module software tests (pending on parts)