2018-03-19 Meeting Minutes¶
- Kajetan and Dan will be late, approx. 19:35 arrival. Apologies in advance, we are interested in Crown and would like to be able to see the vision presentation.
Livestream to be worked on in the hack day
- This is going to happen
- Doodle poll at https://doodle.com/poll/mt42tkkrq8t4d6w9 for the hack day
- One fisheye lens from above the arena
- Another camera per corner?
- Film 'crew' doing interviews.
- Hijack pi screens for livestream
- Commentator audio feed isolated to the stream.
- Soundtrack for the livestream.
- Lapel microphones.
- Stream interface (i.e. whats happening in the arena right now)
- Live social media?
- Time of next match & Who's up next
- What teams are in the corners
- What the scores are
- Who's next
- Arbitrary text input (for technical issues among other things)
Slack message limit. See #general in Slack where Nick posted.
- Slack should be considered short-term discussion
- Persistence doesn't matter then
- We already have a protocol to fix this, all discussions which should be permanent should be a on the mailing list. See: https://sourcebots.slack.com/files/U2XQV2C74/F9RNXLG00/software_platform_overview
This could solve the problem with contributing: https://cla-assistant.io/
- CI for CLAs, ensures that the submitter has signed the CLA
- We should write CLAs for the repos.
- Some repos will need different CLAs
- Some projects that use CLAS: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contributor_License_Agreement#Users
Discuss when we can populate the volunteer docs
- After the meeting, we'll arrange a hack day otherwise
- ACTION POINT Create something in the slack for going to the 'how to volunteer' page
ConnectionRefusedError: [Errno 111] Connection refusederror with boards. Likely related to BoardRunner dying
- Barton and Collyers have had a problem with their servo boards, (Barton has been getting BrokenPipe but it's likely the same issue.)
- Two solutions:
- Fix the symptoms
- If there's an exception in BoardRunner which gets fixed by restarting BoardRunner, we should silently handle it. We should do it anyways.
- Fix the cause
- We think it might a connection issue? - We can try to reproduce - Action Point (Andy): Get a servo to move, read a GPIO - Action Point (Jake) Ask Collyers to reproduce it too.
- Fix the symptoms